Good real estate agent is an essential part of the buying process. The best agent for you is an experienced professional who will listen to you, conduct himself/herself in an ethical manner and knows your market.
There is a big difference between a mediocre real estate agent and a good real estate agent. The real estate field is full of agents usually in competition, this can worry homebuyers. It’s always difficult to understand if you are dealing with a good and expert agent or a mediocre one. To point you in the right direction, here is a list of the 5 top characteristics of a good real estate agent:
- Good real estate agent are good listeners. They listen closely to what the client has to say especially his needs and show them property based on what they discussed. Good real estate agent don’t want to lose time (neither you!) so it’s important to visit only the best properties close to what the client is looking for.
- Good real estate agent have a vast network of connections. Their list includes other real estate agent (good ones as well!), contractors, appraisers, technicians to give a complete and professional service.
Find good real estate agent in Molise region
- Good real estate agent limit the number of clients they work with at a given time in order to give each client the time and the attention they need.
- Good real estate agent are honest. The key to a long and successful career in real estate is a good reputation which can only be earned by always being honest and straightforward with your clients.
- Good real estate agent do their “homework”. They know the market in their area inside out, including its market trends, values, schools, restaurants, pro and cons, legal issues and any hidden gems an area may have.
The italian regulation about real estate agent is very strict. To be enabled to work in this sector a person must pass an exam in the local Chamber of Commerce and then register in a specific professional register called “Ruolo Agenti Affari in Mediazione”. The Chamber of Commerce will release a document “Patentino” containing all the details of the agent and the number of the registration. It’s always advisable to ask your agent to show you this Patentino before you go ahead in a deal. If the agent is not registered the payment of a fee is not due.